Whether you're mopping up after your dog gets a little too excited, or wrestling them to the floor at the vet for a vaccination, being a dog owner can be an extremely rewarding experience. Anyone with a canine companion can empathise with needing to cancel plans because their pup has fallen asleep on their lap, or mastering that finely-tuned tone when yelling, “What have you got in your mouth?!” There are countless hilarious situations that dog owners find themselves in, and they're even funnier when limited to 140-characters. We scoured the Internet for 13 of the best tweets that all dog owners can appreciate.
1. How we wish we felt on a Monday morning.
2. Even though all dignity has gone down the drain by Friday.
3. It’s all about Paw & Order.
4. And as a dog owner, you always keep face in front of your guests...
5. …but behind the scenes, it’s clear you’re a mental case.
6. There’s certainly something charming about how dogs see the world.
7. But us humans need to get everything down to simple questions and answers.
8. We all know those first date sweats.
9. But once the initial impressions are over, you can unleash the crazy.
10. Is this a thing yet? Because it should be.
11. But like with all relationships, there’s always a rough patch or two.
12. This chant should probably be enforced early in school curriculums...
13. ...so by the time you’re older, you’re a dog person through and through.
Can you relate to any of these - or all of them? Tag us with you & your pooch on Instagram or Facebook to let us know!