Whether you own one or not, there is a general consensus that most people like dogs. Even though you might lean more towards the feline end of the “are you a dog or a cat person?” spectrum, most people can appreciate the need to squeal when presented with a silky-soft, dopey-eyed puppy. Plus the fact that you’re even reading this blog means that you're more of a dog person anyway (good choice).
But have you ever wondered which of your favourite celebrities are dog lovers, like you? We had a dig around the 'net and found some famous figures with superstar pups. Here are our favourites.
1. Blake Lively with her tiny Maltese-poodle, Penny.
Source: Glamour Magazine UK
2. With just as many fans as her owner, we think Bo makes a pretty excellent First Dog of the United States.
3. Dennis Quaid clutches onto his bemused-yet-content looking pug, aptly named ‘Pudgy’.
4. Heart-throb Jake Gyllenhaal often treks with his German Sheperd, Atticus, as a training buddy.
5. To give his dog Esther some company while he’s off on tour, Justin Bieber recently added black lab-retriever Phil to the family.
6. There’s nothing scary about Josh Hutcherson’s pitbull puppy, Driver.
Source: Sweety High
7. We are pretty sure Selena Gomez’s adopted puppy, Baylor, can see into our souls with those piercing blue eyes.
8. How much would you pay for the puppy of your dreams? Usher forked out a whopping $12,000 for this pooch. Hope the leash came free.
Source: Getty Images
9. Some dogs never stop being puppies: Ryan Gosling carries his old time buddy George for the last leg of the journey through the airport.
10. Bear, adopted from New Orleans, takes a stroll with Twilight vampire Robert Pattinson and his mate, The Boat That Rocked star Tom Sturridge.
11. And Amanda Seyfried lies side by side with the love of her life, Finn.
Source: Life With Dogs